Saturday, March 22, 2014

024 - Tuna Toast (A Dimsum Tryout)

Yo yo, I’m back people. As you might notice, I missed my regular update (AGAIN). This time was due to the fact that I’m lost inside the madness us Jakartans knew as Jakarta Toys Fair. This annual event is the biggest toy/comic/everything-else-in-between gathering thus far. I’m pretty excited. Hell no, I’m WAY BEYOND EXCITED for this year event since my favorite cosplayer, Enji Night, is in town for the event!


Long story short, I got to meet Enji and her friend, Kana, I also bagged myself a Ted PLUSH!! And the greatest thing is, IT TALKS. Move over everyone, I got my thunder buddy. FUCK YOU THUNDER!

Someone is overly excited

For this week recipe, I conceived it while I was out of the office one day and got this terrible munchies for a Chinese Dim Sum I know as Shrimp Toast. I thought it was very good, and it is very easy to make too! But, shit out of luck, I don’t have any shrimp lying around at home at the time. So, I went with canned tuna. And by God, did it worked! Without further ado, I present to you: The TUNA TOAST

You will need:



1 can of Tuna, approximately 175 grams (preferably the ones soaked in brine, not oil), dried, and flaked finely
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp of herbs of your choice. This time I’m using Dill
3 tbsp of Mayonnaise
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
Pinch of Dried Paprika Powder
3 Slices of Bread
Oil to cook

Ready? Here We Go!

Step 1 – Mix together your pre-flaked Tuna with eggs, herbs, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir to combine until it becomes a very thick paste.

The Tuna was still flaky, i'm about to unleash hell

All forked up

Mayo

Egg

Paprika

Pepper

Salt

Dill

All stirred up


Step 2 – Spread the mixture on the bread evenly. Don’t put too much, or the mixture won’t cook up nicely. Nobody wants a raw insides right?




Step 3 – Heat a small amount of cooking oil with medium heat on a nonstick pan. I'm using my cooking spray this time, but cooking oil, or even butter will work fine. Once the pan is hot, we will cook the spread-side down first for 3-4 minutes.




Step 4 – Once browned, flip the bread and toast the other side for about 1 minutes or until desired doneness.



Step 5 – Serve!



That’s it people. Very straight forward, and a rather healthier version of a Chinese restaurant favorite. Serve this with a sweet and spicy chili sauce with a slice of lime.

Hope you’ll give this a try! If you don’t, tell your friends about this!

Peace


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment