Sunday, November 10, 2013

007 - Fastest Pancake Fix

PANCAKES! PANCAKES! PANCAKES! PANCAKES!

Who here ever had a munchies for a steaming hot Pancake in the morning but have less than 10 minutes to fix it? I DO. Pancake is one of the best Pan cooked Cake (hence the name, PANCAKE) ever. But the perfect pancake batter takes patience and time. Well yea, you could prepare it beforehand, but how many of you had the time (and willingness) to do so after you got home from work? I bet 9 out of 10 of you said ‘No’.

This, my friend, will change your game. It will be a lifesaver for your morning munchies attack.

You will need:



1 Whole Banana (get the ripest one you can land your hands on)
1 Whole Eggs, room temperature

THAT’S IT.

If that’s not easy, then Imma bash your head with a banana.

The trick to give it an edge is to mix your favorite ingredient in. I’ll cover that in the steps.

Ready? Here We Go!

Step 1 – Peel and mash your banana in the bowl with a fork. Mash it until very fine.





Step 2 – Crack your egg, and mix it with the banana.

Step 3 – Put your desired additional ingredient and flavoring. I like to put my homemade vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and a dash of cinnamon into the batter. No sugar! Why? Ripe banana is already sweet. Oh, and a bit of baking powder to fluff things up a bit!




Step 4 – Heat your non-stick pan, medium heat (Gas mark 6-7 on electric stove top). Don't forget to grease it off!



Step 5 – Pour your batter, shape it any way you like. I like my pancake huge, so I put everything in a round, concentric circles.




Step 6 – Cover it with a lid. Let it cook for 1,5 – 2 minutes, until bubble starts to form around the edges



Step 7 – Flip! And let it cook for another 1- 1,5 minutes.



Step 8 – Plate!



See? That wasn’t so hard isn’t it?

I like to serve this with a dollop of peanut butter and strawberry jam. If you got whipped cream and maple syrup, that will work even better. But you know me, I’m trying to be more calorie conscious (LOL, JK).

Please give this recipe a try, and link me your effort. I will put out a compilation of your effort on my blog later!

Peace

xx



2 comments:

  1. Hey, already tried it, and it was good! I topped it with mango puree though.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah, i bet it tasted wonder! keep on a look out for more sweet recipe in the future :)

      Delete